Lumina Light Show Proposal
I am drawing your attention to the proposal by a private company, Lumina, for a guided light & sound walking tour in the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha. Brisbane City Council has approved the company to lodge a Development Application for Material Change of Use for the gardens and Anzac Park Toowong. You may have seen reports on TV and social media about this.
This proposal has the potential to have a large impact on the Botanic Gardens and surrounds. QCGC will be making a submission.
More information can be found on the internet, including the following websites and, of course, the QCGC website.
Proposed Lumina Enchanted Night Walk.
Submissions about the DA
Petition “Protect Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens”
Details downloaded from the publicly available planning site of
BCC DA is A006083027
(1) Assessment Report has overview Place Design Group prepared by Light Dreaming Pty Ltd
(2) Lumna Night Walks Summary prepared by Lumina
(3) Site Context Plan prepared by Place Design Group
(4) Ecology Report by 28 South Environmental
(5) Noise Report by Noise Measurment Services
(6) Traffic Report by Lambert & Rehbein
(7) Bushfire Report by Land and Environment Consulting
(8) Lighting Report by WEBB Australia
Submissions close 11th November 2022